Welcome from the Head of Lower School
Dear Preston Manor Lower School Families,
I hope that you all had a wonderful summer holiday. I hope that your children are relaxed, recharged and ready for the new school year. The children all put in a great deal of effort last year and were rewarded with fantastic success. The children have returned to school with renewed enthusiasm and are all looking so smart in their uniforms. Thank you to all you parents for helping your children to look so smart and wear their uniforms with such pride.
Each year brings positive change. This includes a few additions to our staff. We are delighted to welcome Miss Fielder, who is teaching in 6 Rowan, and Miss Finlay, who is teaching in 5 Maple. Both Miss Fielder and Miss Finlay are excellent practitioners and we are very lucky that they chose to join our family.
A huge thank you to the PTA and their helpers for all the wonderful events that they ran last year, all the money that their fund-raising brought into the school and the very generous donations that they made for the benefit of the children. I am especially thankful for the home reading books that we were able to buy to update the Key Stage 1 stock and provide levelled home reading books for Key Stage 2. If you are able to donate some of your time to the PTA, please feel free to contact Anita Parmar to get involved.
As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Are in the right frame of mind to start the day and use their developing ‘Learning Behaviours’
3) Completes all home learning given by teachers to the best of their ability
4) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
5) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
6) Practises their spellings, number facts and multiplication facts regularly
7) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and set their goals on going onto further education, be that at college or university.
The staff and I are very excited about the forthcoming year and know that with your support our children will be even more successful than we were last year.
Mr Kevin Atkinson
Head of Lower School