Awards and Standards
Preston Manor School is proud to have achieved the following Awards and Standards:
The Schools Cooperative Society
As a member of the family of Cooperative Trust Schools we are committed to:
- offering inclusive and comprehensive education to our students and children but with the benefits of greater curriculum freedoms
- embracing the Co-operative values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and solidarity
- retaining our existing admissions policy
- retaining national and local terms and conditions for all existing and future staff
- using any additional finances to improve the school even further, with a particular focus on teaching and learning, standards and progress
- working collaboratively with other local schools to benefit students, children and staff
Healthy Schools London is an Awards Programme that reaches out to every London child, working with schools to improve children and young people's well-being. We are proud of our work in this area and to have achieved this Award.
Investors in People
As an Investors in People School we aim to maintain their high standards, and to be a forward-thinking organisation committed to being the very best that we can be. Our work with IIP supports the school in finding ways to improve, progress and get better. This means we are sharper, stronger and more successful: primed to seize opportunities as they arise.
Sport England is committed to helping people and communities across the country create sporting habits for life. This means investing in organisations and projects that will get more people playing sport and creating opportunities for people to excel at their chosen sport. Preston Manor School is proud to have achieved this Award.
Meat Free Monday
Meat Free Monday is a simple, effective and fun way to become more responsible global citizens. It’s about coming together as a school community to help the planet and promote healthy food. Preston Manor School is proud to have been one of the first secondary schools in the UK to become a MFM School.
Preston Manor School is proud of its SSAT accreditation. Our work with SSAT provides support to teachers to inquire, using action research and reflection as the starting point for all they do. To inspire teachers, the SSAT fosters collaboration, knowledge sharing and recognition via various networks. They encourage us to innovate, drawing on the latest thinking and practice from teachers and academics. Above all, the SSAT equips us to measure impact: gathering the hard evidence that drives improvement and builds the authority of the profession. SSAT – inquire, inspire, innovate, impact.
The Digital Schoolhouse London Programme aims to develop a new generation of Computing teachers to teach the new Computing curriculum which started on 1 September 2014.
Funded by the Mayor of London, each Digital Schoolhouse is based in a secondary school and aims to work with a growing network of local primary teachers to deliver creative and cross-curricular computing lessons. Through this we support the new Computing Programme of Study for the National Curriculum in a way that leaves pupils and teachers feeling inspired and engaged.
Working partnership with Teach First enables us to:
- Recruit talented members of staff, who are committed to achieving impact for our pupils, to fill a teacher vacancy in your school for at least two years;
- Use our experience to contribute to their training - focusing on the outcomes we want for your pupils;
- Work with a national network of people and organisations dedicated to achieving lasting change in education.